Established in 1890 Korowa moved to this site in 1914 from Wattletree Road.
Formerly the home of the Knox family the School purchased the mansion Ranfurlie and surrounding acres when the property was sold and subdivided on the death of the Honourable William Knox M.H.R. Ranfurlie was an imposing residence situated on the top of the Glen Iris hill with splendid views towards the Dandenongs. Pre 1900 it was one of only three large homes in the area. The Premier of Victoria Mr George Kerferd had built the house earlier in 1887 which he had named Everton. Although the house, which Korowa later named Knox House, was demolished at the end of 1973 its story remains a significant part of the history of Glen Iris.