Sports and Wellbeing Centre
Gymnasium activities were first practised in an old wooden building behind the main school. In 1957 a new Sports Pavilion facing the oval was dedicated by Archbishop Booth stressing “the importance of combining physical education activities with academic studies in order to develop the whole individual”. A swimming pool and large gymnasium were added in 1985 to the delight of the girls who had longed for a pool. Lessons in Physical Education were part of the weekly school schedule from Korowa’s earliest days and a fitness centre was added for student and staff use. In June 2020 the entire centre was demolished to make way for a new Sports and Wellbeing Centre incorporating an 8 lane swimming pool.