All students from Years 5 to 12 are required to have a laptop for use in the classroom as part of their learning.
When it comes to purchasing a device for your child, we offer flexibility and the choice to either purchase independently according to our specifications or through our preferred supplier, Somerville.
Purchasing through our supplier provides the following advantages:
- All devices are set up and ready to go with all required software installed
- Onsite support through Korowa’s IT department
- Onsite repairs for warranty and damage provided at Korowa by the School’s selected technology partner
- Loan devices are available while repairs are completed
- Devices are covered by the Elite Support Program. Provided by the technology partner, this program includes an onsite technician, priority access to spare parts, a $100 capped repair program for accidental damage and access to industry leading service systems and processes.
Purchasing through Somerville:
Orders can be placed from Friday 18 August 2023.Click here to access the portal
There are two devices available for purchase through our preferred supplier, click here for product specification information.
For information on how to order through Somerville’s online portal click here.
|First Round Delivery||Second Round Delivery|
|Order deadline||Friday 29 September by 5pm||Wednesday 1 November by 5pm|
|Delivery Date||Friday 15 December 2023||Friday 19 January 2024|
Specifications for independent purchases
If you choose to purchase independently of our preferred supplier devices must meet the following minimum specifications:
- Windows 11
- 12.5” or larger touch screen with stylus*
- Intel Core i5 Processor
- Minimum 8GB RAM**
- 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
*Touch screen and stylus are highly recommended but not compulsory
** We highly recommend 16 GB of RAM
Students will be permitted to use an Apple Mac laptop running MacOS X. Mac computers can be purchased from your preferred Apple dealer. The IT department will only provide support for School software on these devices.
Google Chromebooks and iPads are not acceptable devices as they are not able to sufficiently deliver all the desired learning outcomes.
Please note there is a $200 set up fee payable to Korowa for all devices not purchased through our supplier.