After much planning and consultation, we are delighted to announce that Ireland Brown Constructions (IBC) has been appointed to build the new Sports and Wellbeing Centre here at Korowa Anglican Girls’ School in Glen Iris. IBC are very experienced in working with the education sector having delivered over 50 education projects since their formation.
Work on the project commences today and it is expected to take 18 - 20 months to complete. The building will include:
- An 8-lane swimming pool and changerooms
- Multi-use indoor sports courts
- Fully equipped gym
- Studio spaces for dance, pilates and yoga
- Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) Studio
- Consulting rooms for our health services, counsellor, psychologist, careers counsellor and learning support staff
- Multipurpose room for drama performances and events
- A rooftop netball court
- Commercial kitchen and cafeteria to cater for events and functions as well as student needs and extensive external landscaping
The project consultants include Accuraco Pty Ltd, Sally Draper Architects, Mitsuori, IrwinConsult, Taylor Cullity Lethlean, Marshall Day and Wilde & Woollard.
This is all possible due to the generous support of the Cripps Foundation and an equally significant capital allocation from the School. This is the most significant capital works project in our 130-year history. This centre will provide our students, staff and wider community with access to state-of-the-art sports and wellbeing facilities for many years to come.