Our Mission is to develop self-aware, confident and capable young women who understand their responsibility and capacity to influence the world in a positive way.
Our values guide every decision we make, and are the standards to which we hold ourselves accountable. These are;
- Courage - to strive for success in learning and life
- Respect - for Anglican values that promote authentic social responsibility
- Integrity - in our conduct, relationships and leadership
- Service - to our local, national and international communities
Statement of Democratic Principles
The VRQA Minimum Standards for School Registration includes a standard concerning the school’s adherence to Australian democratic principles and practice.
This standard is as follows:
The programs of, and teaching in, a school must support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected Government;
- the rule of law;
- equal rights for all before the law;
- freedom of religion;
- freedom of speech and association;
- the values of openness and tolerance.?
Korowa Anglican Girls’ School is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
- We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding of others' beliefs.
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.