Now affectionately known as the Little Gym, the Pavilion was the training ground for many sporting triumphs.
Korowa's first sports pavilion, replacing an original gym in the old wooden buildings behind Knox House, was dedicated in 1957. At that time, Archbishop Booth stressed 'the importance of combining physical education activities with academic studies in order to develop the complete individual'.
Later, in 1985, the pool and large gymnasium were added to form a comprehensive Sports Centre. A time capsule was created at that time and remains encased in the floor.
The Year 12 Common Room was located on the ground floor of the building for a number of years, moving to the new VCE Centre in 2005.
Today, the building also houses the Food Technology Centre and our Multi-purpose facility. The Pavilion - the Little Gym - remains largely unchanged since its construction.
The Dedication of the Pavilion in 1957. Pictured here are Miss Beatrice K Guyett, Headmistress, and Archbishop Booth.
Our Gymnasium today.