First added to the Senior School building in 1927, the room was furnished with 'comfortable arm chairs' by the Korovian Club.
Each Head Prefect was given her own key and the room was used for many years by the Prefects. The first three Prefects were appointed at Korowa in 1912. The role of a Prefect was 'bringing teachers and ..those... taught into closer union'. The work of the Prefect could include roll call and playground duties.
Today, School Captains provide leadership in the School and are representatives of the student body. Later used as an office, the room still contained the secret signatures of the Prefects, hidden for more than 60 years in two air vents. These have now been preserved in the Archives. With the reopening of the building as Ranfurlie House in 2015, the room is now the office of the PA to the Principal.
Korowa’s Head and Deputy Prefect in 1960, outside the doorway to the Prefects’ Study.