Opened in 2002, the Cripps Centre houses our Middle School.
The site of the Cripps building has undergone significant transformation over the years. It originally housed the Memorial Block which was opened in 1949. After it was extended in 1954, the building was dedicated to, and named after, Miss Margaret Dickson, Headmistress (1930 to 1949).
The Cripps Centre now stands on the site of the former Dickson Wing. The outer ground floor wall incorporates original Dickson Wing bricks.
Lauded as one of the most technologically advanced buildings in Australia at the time of its construction, the Cripps Centre was purpose built to meet the educational needs of students in Years 6 to 8.
The Centre is named as a tribute to one of Korowa’s greatest supporters and donors, Mr Robert Cripps AM, a past Korowa parent.
The former Dickson Wing in 2000
The Cripps Centre opened in 2002